As the chill in the air gradually diminishes, the heat of the sun begins to increase indicating the arrival of summers. Though summers are a great time for relaxation it is true that the scorching summer sun does take a toll on our skin and hair as we increasingly venture out in the sun.
To flaunt a beautiful skin and easily manageable hair during the approaching summer days, what you need to do is just take a little care of your skin and hair. Check on some of these easy and useful beauty tips for the summers.
Skin care during summers:
· The most common problem during the summer season is suntan. Too much of exposure to the sun causes the skin to burn and darkens the skin. To avoid excessive tanning during summers, apply a lot of sunscreen lotion before stepping out into the sun. This creates a protection layer over the body, preventing the harmful ultraviolet rays from damaging the skin.
· Summers tend to de-hydrate the body, as one tends to sweat out a lot of water content from the body. Therefore, it is very important to consume a lot of water and other liquids to make up for the loss. It is advised that one should have at least 8-10 glasses of water daily, and increase the intake of juices and other liquids and dairy products on a regular basis.
· Excessive sweating and exposure to heat expands the skin pores resulting in a lot of dirt accumulation and frequent out burst of pimples and acnes. Wiping the face with cold rose water help to avoid pimples, and keeps the skin clean all the time.
· As far as make-up during the summer season is concerned, it is wise not to use too much of make-up as there are chances of it getting wiped off with sweat. Use water based make-up products, which also include a water-based foundation or base, a water based eyeliner and mascara.
· Visit a beauty parlor for an ex-foliating session on a regular basis to clear out dead skin. Also use a cooling pack comprising cooling agents such as cucumber, rosewater, sandalwood, fuller’s earth, camphor powder, neem leaves etc.
Hair-care during summers:
· The hot sunrays do not only harm the skin but also affect the hair. Thus, hair too requires special care and attention during the summer days. The most important point in summer hair care is to adopt a manageable hairstyle for the summer seasons. It is most convenient to sport short hairs during the hot days, as they are hassle free and do not frizzle. And if one prefers to keep their hair long then it is best to tie them up into a top-knot or a high risen pony-tail to provide a cool and trendy look.
· To protect the hair from damage during the summer seasons, it is essential to apply a good conditioner from time to time. Henna is considered to be a great conditioner and a good hair mask.
· Swimming is the most popular sport during the hot summer days, but the chlorine in the pool water cause a lot of damage to the skin and hair, thus applying conditioners and hair masks after a splash in the pool is very essential.
· Just like the body, heads too sweat when exposed to too much of heat, and the sweat that accumulates in the head causes the scalp to itch and also result in hair loss. Therefore, it is advised to keep the hair and scalp clean all the time. Shampoo the hair at least thrice a week followed by conditioning.
· Apart from drinking good quantity of water and juices, consuming fresh and green vegetables, fruits, salads and dairy product. All these are good for the skin and hair.
Summers are the season to chill out and have a great time. Do not let trivial skin and hair issues dampen your spirits this season. Take a little care and have loads of fun.